Re: [IP] Job Offers and Insurance Questions

In a message dated 9/4/2001 2:23:03 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I received my
>  first job offer recently, and am wondering what questions, if any I should
>  ask in regards to insurance, being diabetic, and having an insulin pump.

Once you've been given an offer, I would contact their human
resources/benefits department and ask for copies of the benefit information
booklets that are normally given to new employees -- if they are big
companies, chances are they will have several medical plans to choose from
and you will want to see the the complete plan summary booklet & possibly a
list of providers for the plan you expect to select . . . After reviewing
that, you should be able to call the insurance company directly with any
questions you still have . . .