[IP] Re: Job offers and insurance questions

I feel it is not a good idea to ask your employer specific questions or make
statements about being a diabetic until you get the job. You can ask for the
insurance information and call the insurance company before actually signing
on. Don't ask the employer just ask the insurance company. Employers can get
into big trouble regarding the American Disabilities Act for turning you
down. I live in Michigan and I received financial assistance or grants
through Michigan rehabilitation services-a state funded agency for training
people with disabilities. They told me to use a card stating I have a
disability and I have rights, but I never used it. After being hired, I told
my immediate supervisor and co-workers about my diabetes just in case
anything should ever happen. Knock on wood, I haven't had any low blood
sugar reactions that warranted help from anybody. I can thank my pump for
that! Good luck on your job hunt and offers, it sound great having choices
between job offers! Sharon