Re: [IP] a1c/highs and lows-a yeah, but........

> I don't know if the swings versus steady BG gives a worse prognosis or not
> with respect to prognosis of complications.  There are, of course, other
> ramifications of having wide swings that may not be directly associated with
> complications.

 IMHO, at present, I get the impression from med sources (non-specific, a
speculation) that swings in Bgs, are worse, esp lows.
The "other ramifications" you mention, IMO relates to cardiac disease, a
"hidden" disease, & vascular disease which in turn affects nerves (neuropathy) &
renal complications.
It is a toss up as to which is number one, Diabetes being a YMMV disease.  Linda