[IP] Re: Baby Question

>...The response is always the same, "we don't know why, but this is
> very common in babies born to IDDM mothers."  Has anyone had experience
> with this problem?  Does anyone know why this happens?
> Baby is only taking 3 bottle feeds a day and the rest are by tube.  Any
> help or information is appreciated.
> Thanks,
> julie

First of all: Congratulations! How much did she weigh (you know any woman
has to ask that Q. <VBG>)? My first one was born in '61 and DM treatment was
quite a bit different than today's - but she didn't eat - at all - for 3
days. When she did eat, it was only an ounce or two at a time. My A1c's were
virtually unknown since that test hadn't been invented yet, and lots of
other stuff that we don't have today, so I DO blame my DM for her problems.
She was 10# and 17 days early by induced labor. Today she's a healthy adult
with 3 children of her own.

I'm not sure what your baby's causes are, but I'm glad she's ingesting the
amount she is. Best wishes to you both. Keep us aprised of the situation.
BTW, is this your first?

After studying the body you have to come to the conclusion all of this was
designed by a superb engineer with super intelligence. Spot