[IP] Cannula's

Well, I have just had a new one done to me.   I have purchased my
supplies from MM for 6 years!

I have begged minimed to sell the little silhouette cannulas
separately because I have site problems.  That is, lots of skin area,
but having been poked 3-5 times a day for many years, I have lots
of areas that simply are not good for absorption of insulin.
Therefore I go through lots of cannulas, trying to get a good site.
Often, when it is time to change sites I may have to use up 3

Well, I have had a particularly tough time lately and am down to my
last few cannulas.  I did receive 5 boxes of combos about the first
of July.  So my average breaks down to about using a new cannula
every day and a half.   Divide 66 days by 50 cannulas.   I actually
use 2 or 3 with each site change, and then don't use a new one til
the next site change.  Unless one hurts, pulls out, or some other
exceptional event.

Blue Cross has told my doctor that I cannot have any more
because I am apparently using them every 7-8 hours and they will
not pay for them.    My doc has said I have to have them...they
said I can't.     Calls are going back and forth like crazy.  I just
figured out that they made an error in their math - for one thing.
My doc will be calling me sometime today...this is crazy.
And yes I will ask BCBS how they can practice medicine without a
license.   Geez,,,,

I asked the nurse, to tell me how to go off the pump, and she said
wait till I talk with your doc again.

Sorry, I am letting off steam here!!
Bonnie Richardson
Huntsville, AL