RE: [IP] paramedics and lows

Cake frosting works also. Funny story - my grandmother had Type II and then
became insulin dependent. She had a bit of early dementia and forgot to eat
her afternoon snack. The neighbor called the paramedics and my dad. Dad
arrived sooner since he was closer and placed coconut cake frosting in her
cheek since she was unconscious and no one knew where she left the glucagon.
When she woke up in the ER later, she kept complaining because she had this
white stuff in her mouth and wanted to know what the nurses had done to her!
The frosting had dissolved but left the coconut. Everyone thought it was
funny including my grandmother!

Dana Barber Gonzales, MHSA
University Affiliated Program
Department of Pediatrics