RE: [IP] paramedics and lows

Jim said:

>*IF* a pumper is keeping very tight control and *IF* they are also on >a
>very low carbohydrate diet, then there may be very little glycogen >stored
>in the liver, in which case glucagon will not be very >effective.  But most
>of us who eat a pretty balanced diet have plenty >of glycogen stored.  I
>think the paramedics (and supervisors?) are >misinformed.

I know, in my case, my endo has given me and my mom instructions (and put
them in my records) to only give me glucagon as a last resort.  Apparently,
someone in the ER has given me this and I *always* get sick from it, meaning
I have to go *back* to the ER for extra steroids and such.

Mybe this is a common side effect and that's why the warnings?

email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
MSN:  email @ redacted