RE: [IP] paramedics and lows

catherine popper [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I don't understand. Is this true? Or was it a monkey
> wrench in your experience with the paramedics?

*IF* a pumper is keeping very tight control and *IF* they are also on a very
low carbohydrate diet, then there may be very little glycogen stored in the
liver, in which case glucagon will not be very effective.  But most of us
who eat a pretty balanced diet have plenty of glycogen stored.  I think the
paramedics (and supervisors?) are misinformed.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR