: [IP] Site Infection

From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Site Infection

How about washing with betadine (ck sp) its what Doctors wash with prior to
surgery. I used it on my cat when she had to be lanced due to (mastitis, sp
)sorry. It didn't seem to irritate her or me and she didn't get an infection
and I think a cat can be pretty dirty.
well, it is the mechanical action of scrubbing the skin that cuts down on
staph and strep. the betadine does work but most docs I know wear gloves too.
the scrubbing and betadine is in case the glove is penetrated. it was the
mechanical action on the wound margis that loosen bacteria and cats are fairly
resistant to infections. yes cats are pretty dirty even house cats but they
are cute.  And you spelled Betadine ok too. spot and Mr Kitty.