[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #413

email @ redacted writes:

<< rom: "Julie Swoboda" <email @ redacted>
 To: <email @ redacted>
 Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 9:45 PM
 Subject: [IP] baby question
22 years ago our son was in the NICU for 21 days..did not suck or swallow,so
feeding was quite challenging..feeding tube ,some tests etc..sent us home
with a big syringe and we coaxed it into his mouth and rubbed his throat on
the sides to get him to swallow..no cuddling to feed this one:( but
eventually he took off. The docs attributed it to moms diabetes..but after a
long time I question if some nerves were damaged with the forceps delivery.he
has a very mild facial paralysis on one side. and this preg. was done on
urine testing..amazing..yiyiyiyi...  do enjoy your little one they grow up
entirely too fast..