Re: [IP] hypos and numbness

Hi, I am 28 yrs. old and have had numbness with low sugars. One time I woke
up and was unable to focus on anything. I tried to walk and kept running into
things. I managed to get to the kitchen to get something to treat the low.
When I tried to pour something into a glass I would spill it all over because
I couldn't comprehend the position of the glass. I broke down crying because
I didn't know what was happening. I could not function. I tried calling for
help and my mind was completely blank! I live by myself so I was scared. I
managed to use an electronic address book to get a phone no. to call for
help. I ended up in the ER and they didn't know what had happened that could
explain the effects I had. I was numb in my right leg,arm and hand. This was
very scary. I only had this happen to me one time but had started to get like
this one time after but I think I caught it in time before it got so extreme.
The hospital ran all kinds of tests because they said it sounded like the
effects of a mini stroke. I am so frightened of having this happen to me
again. I try and keep my sugars around 140 when I go to bed so I don't bottom
out. Just thought I would share this experience.

Heather W.