[IP] Re: Tingling in feet

email @ redacted writes:

<<  Do any of you frequently experience tingling in the soles of your feet?
Mydaughter is complaining about her feet tingling and slaps at them to
stop.As a  result, she thinks she is low when she is target range.  I have
beentold she is too young to have neuropathy complications (she is six, dx'd
atfour and in good control).    Now itis back and driving her crazy
again.Barb  >>

Barb, This isn't the same thing as your daughter has, but I wanted to mention
it as it involves feet, too.
    When Claire was 21 months old, her feet starting itching so badly that
she couldn't sleep.  It was winter and she hadn't been in any allergenic
substances.  It lasted one month and then went away; the doctor was not
concerned and had no explanation.  One year later, her feet turned very hard
on the soles (like an older person's foot who walks barefoot a lot) and had
white scaly marks all over them.  Two months after that she was dx with
diabetes.  Four days after receiving insulin her feet were as soft and lovely
as what you would expect from a 2 year old.
    Now I can almost use her feet to predict what her HA1c will be.  But they
have never returned to the state they were in pre-dx.  Any doctor I mention
this to looks at me like I'm crazy.  But I'm the one living with her 24 hours
a day.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7