Re: [IP] REJECTED on medical test...Reason: INSULIN PUMP

>I was just notified that I was rejected due to medical standards for a
>police officer job.  The reason for rejection was because I used an insulin
>pump which according to the Civil Service standard is an automatic
>disqualifier.  If I used syringe injections then my diabetes would have been
>determined on a control factor.

The issue here may not be medical in the normal sense but more equipment
safety. It could be that the presence of the pump has been judged a safety
hazard. Just like neck ties are not allowed for lathe operators, high heel
shoes for high steel workers and facial hair for those requiring full
facial breathing apparatus.

Just a though without any real knowledge.