Re: [IP] a1c/highs and lows

Hi Kathy B.
         Ya' know last week I had two back to back doctor appointments and
the first was my endo and he tells me that he really can't ask much more from
me probably because I am doing the best that I can do of course the
occasional highs will be there ultimately he was happy.  Then I went to my
eye doc and he said we need to do laser surgery!  I know that better control
helps to slow down the process of retinopathy, and sometimes I can't help but
to beat myself up a little bit because of those highs because it's the highs
that feed the fire for the retinopathy.  My endo says my alc is 7.0 and can't
complain, but the eye doc seems really concerned about my sugars.  Bottom
line is the A1c is just a number, it's what is in your daily log book that
determines how well you are caring for yourself. Aloha for now.