Re: [IP] Cancer Risk from Genetically Engineered Lantus and Novolog?

<email @ redacted> wrote:

> http://members.tripod.com/diabetics_world/lantusnovorapidcancer.htm
> Just passing this along as interesting info.  It came up on a search I did
> for some info.

Well, it really is neither interesting (IMHO), nor is it new.  It is pure scare tactics from people who have some sort of ax to grind regarding beef (and pork) insulin.  It's reminiscent of Betty Whatshername's disinformation about aspartame.  There is *no*, repeat *NO* evidence in any clinical trials of an increased risk of cancer due to using human insulin or insulin analogs.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.