[IP] Re: a1c tests

To further confuse the a1c issue (grin) our lab does a calculated
vs a measured a1c (I think the measured a1c is the same one Jim
explaining. Don't ask me to repeat all the terminology - my
brain is taking a vacation right now. Hehe!) In other words, they
measuring the total glycosylation and (knowing that the a1c
X amount of the total hemoglobins) calculate the amount of
glycosylation of the a1c from that. (So it isn't the actual
amount of
glycosylation and therefore isn't quite as accurate as the
a1c test, but close enough. It is a lot cheaper and that's why
lab uses it.) From what I understand, the measured a1c is the one

that is the "gold standard" because it is checking the actual
of glycosylation.

Take care, Kerri
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos12.html - meet Joseph
Charles, born at home 3/22/01, 11 lbs, 21 1/2"
Take care, Kerri
May the warm winds of Heaven blow softly on your home and the
Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your moccasins make
happy tracks in many snows, and may the rainbow always touch your
shoulder. Cherokee Blessing