RE: [IP] RE: Maureen's post meal BG

At 10:30 PM 9/2/2001, you wrote:
>Hi Barbara:
>Thank you for writing regarding the muscle absorption.
>However, I did check this with my d.e. and many other people who have been
>pumping for years...they all told me that (and this may not be the case of
>others) my problem most likely was that my site was into muscle in the upper
>abs and that I was getting a delayed reaction to the insulin because of

Just wanted to say that it may not be a "delayed" action that may make
people go high.  if the insulin is absorbed allot faster than it is
intended then it will not do any good.  This is one reason when you are in
the hospital they do not give you your regular insulin via the IV they
still inject you with it (not to get confused with an insulin
drip).  Insulin given IV only has a half life of 2-5 minutes and there for
worthless as a bolus dose.

Brian Carter
email @ redacted
ICQ # 27217438