[IP] Is this a way to diagnose Carpel Tunnel?

I first noticed Carpal Tunnel symptoms about 12 years ago when I was trying
to crochet.  The pain went up my arms and into my elbows.  I have had both
wrists fixed successfully for about 6 years.

The easiest quick test I know is this:  Put your hands palm together (like
you are praying) in front of your face & raise your elbows to shoulder
height. This is the best way I can describe what you do next:  reverse your
hand position so the backs of your hands are facing each other and your
fingers are pointing down.  Maintain this position for 30 seconds.  If you
have any numbness or tingling in your fingers or it becomes to painful to
hold, please stop and see a neurologist!  Neuro docs have the best ways for
determining diagonsis and the need for surgery.  They can also determine how
much damage has been done be electrical stimulus testing.

Good luck!

Katherine & MyHope (the pump)
dx T2 '86, T1 '96, MM 508 since 5/15/01