RE: [IP] Re: Question about kids with parents who are Type I

I have checked my children at least once a year with a finger stick.

That is how I found my son to have diabetes.  He showed no signs of it at 23
(not the type I at least).  He had gained weight and although he was walking
more than 5 miles per day, he couldn't lose weight.

I checked his fbg for five mornings during Christmas break and each one was

I told him when he got back to school to get tested for diabetes and
thyroids and both were positive.  He is now on diet and glucophage and
synthroid and doing very well.  The hospital (Shands in Gainsville FL) was
impressed that we found it so early and they said it was a very good thing
that we did so that no complications set in...

Apparently, they did all sorts of tests on him and couldn't classify him as
Type I or Type II so they put him in Type III whatever that is!
Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00