[IP] steroid inhalers

My daughter is 7 almost 8 going on the pump in 10 days (thank God).  Before
my daughter was diagnosed, she went through a series of bronchial inhalers
because the doctor thought she had asthma (which she did not).  She also took
oral steroids for her bronchitis.  We have no family history of diabetes.  I
have heard that steroids can cause many things, and I am wondering if anyone
out there has had to use these on their children before they were diagnosed.
Just a thought.
Thank you
Mom to Megan 7 dx 9/00