[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #407

email @ redacted writes:

>  need more support with my diabetes and pump.  I don't know exactally what
> I need, but an involved doctor would help me a lot, I think.

Do you have a CDE to work with you?  A nutritionist, etc.?  Ideally, you
should be working with a support team, not just depend on the Dr.  My
daughter doesn't get to spend much time with our endo, either.  (We drive 2
hours to see him.)  We do spend about 1 1/2 hours with the CDE and the
nutritionist, however, if needed.  They are the ones who always respond
immediatly.  We are very happy with that system, because we trust the CDE.
Sounds like you had a very caring Dr. B4 your current one.  If this one comes
highly recommended and can direct you to a good support team, I don't see why
you should have to switch.  You should not have to depend on friends or
yourself alone, though, when you need advice!   Good luck!

Sylvelin, mom of Nadine, 10