[IP] New to list and pump

My name is Gail and I am Type I for 11 years. I am just starting my
Minimed 508 this week. Get to use insulin next week! I'm excited
and will be glad to get rid of the 8 injections a day that I'm taking
now to keep pretty good control. And also looking forward to
sleeping late.

If you can offer any suggestions to this transition, they will be
gladly accepted. A few questions...I swim on a almost daily basis
and looking for pointers on making sure the site stays dry and in,
also I have seen the sport pak that you can put the pump in. I
would be interested in any swimmers that use this. Pros and Cons.

Also my primary doesn't have any experience using the pump and
this has been a learning experience for him as well. He's a great
Dr. and sometimes I think he's been more excited about this than
me. I would love to hear about anyone else's experiences with a
doctor that hasn't had a patient on a pump before. Again, anything
to help in this transition would be great appreciated.
Gail J Donohue