[IP] burning boluses

I have a friend on the MiniMed who regularly does
12-14 units of H fora  meal...which she says
burns..she has plenty of fat, so it didn't seem like
it was set insertion (although for me if I feel a set
it's in muscle or something else--or its bleeding back
into the cannula)..but she WOULD break these boluses
up...and she's on the MiniMed.
 I never thought that I used small boluses...they
average 2-4 units per meal, from my own experience
I'll say I LIKe the fast insertion of the bolus. My Mm
took 40 sec/unit, my new D takes 5 sec per unit so now
by the time I sit down I'm not still clicking for the
next few minutes, but my buzzing is down and my
insulin is in my system...(now to the records to see
how that is lowering my 1 hr PP's...)
 It seems to me a large bolus could affect you with
either pump, but more importantly I think it'd be
related to teh set and the site... just from my own
experiences with the various infusion sets..

Do You Yahoo!?