[IP] blood sugar fluctuations

I have a HgA1c of 5.4. To obtain that, blood sugars frequently range from
the 30's to the 300's. I am interested in the pump to address that wide
frequent fluctuation. My exercise is predictable daily, food is weighed and
carbohydrates are counted , with no exception. I have the beginning signs of
kidney disease, and want to stop the extreme b.s. fluctuations. I take
Ultralente twice a day and Humalog for meals and high blood sugars. Has
anyone had similar experiences? and has the pump helped? I am more
interested in precise control than in social flexibility.

type 1 diabetes for 29 years