[IP] local anesthetic spray

"I sent some emails in reply to some
people that were asking about the local anesthetic (spray) I used before
inserting the sil on Eileen. Itīs name is Roxicaine and it looks much like
to one dentists use on our mouth to numb before sticking that gigantic
anesthesia needle into our mouth! I donīt know if it can be bought in the
States, as I live in Dominican Republic. Surely, there is something similar,
mine is over the counter, no prescription. Itīs really good but has to be
applied at least 30-45 mins. before. "

There is a spray called ethyl chloride which can be used when inserting the
infusion sets.  I have used this on my two year old daughter in times of
emergency when I cannot wait the entire hour for the EMLA to work.  She
definately feels the needle more than with the EMLA, but it takes the initial
sting out of the pain.  It's a spray that freezes the skin, and works
immediately.  You need to insert within five minutes of spraying it on.  It's
an over-the -counter drug and therefore requires no prescription.  My
pharmacist told me that this stuff has been around for quite a while as it
was used during minor surgeries when he was is in the service many years ago.
 It may work for some people.  It's worth a try.

 Kelly, mom to Marley, 2yrs, dx'd 11m, pumping @19 months