Re: [IP] bolusing into sofset & customer service

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Mozisek" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] bolusing into sofset & customer service

> <And the fact that a large bolus
>   is painful would be an indication that something isn't right.  Please
>   to a pump educator about this.>
> CDE/pump trainer, some people with Disentronic and Animas experience a
> burning sensation when they inject large boluses.  I have personally
> experienced this just once.  I was told it is due to the speed of the
> Brian

I have a Disetronic and I have also experienced the burning, but it only
happens when I am due for a site change.  I do alot of large bolusing,
around 8, twice a day, and I only start to feel the burning when I am on the
3rd or 4th day with the same site.  This is another YMMV thing in my
opinion.  I've only had the pump for two months and don't know a whole heck
of alot about it, but the way I see it is it would depend on the persons
absorption rate with either pump (although i'm sure a slower bolus would be

Carrie : )
(I've been wrong before, I could be wrong again)