Re: [IP] bolusing into sofset & customer service

> <And the fact that a large bolus
>   is painful would be an indication that something isn't right.
>   Please talk to a pump educator about this.>
>  But I feel like I need to point out something.
> According to my CDE/pump trainer, some people with Disentronic and
> Animas experience a burning sensation when they inject large
> boluses.  I have personally experienced this just once.  I was told
> it is due to the speed of the bolus. People with MM do not
> experience this.  (And I never did when I had MM)  I have talked to
> people on the D and they experience the burning everytime they do a
> large bolus. (greater than 8 or so) The solution that they use is to
> break it up into two or more smaller boluses.

According to their specifications, both the Animas and Disetronic
pumps deliver insulin much faster than the MM pumps. I can confirm
the large bolus theory for Lily as well. Sometimes (rarely) a large
bolus will produce stinging or a pressure feeling. Two smaller
boluses do not.