Re: [IP] success with sofset and other problems...

> Also, I just discovered Eileen has been lying about testing at
> school before lunch. Has this happened to any other parents and how
> do we deal with this?
Try to find some kind of positive reinforcement that will get her to
test, otherwise you will have more problems later on. My daughter
began testing more frequently on her own once she began pumping
because it gave her control (of the situation) and the freedom to eat
what and when she chose -- soon she found out that she felt better
also. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar :-)

> I checked her meter, stupid me, not to have
> done it before, and noticed no checks for the last 2 or 3 days! When
> confronted, she said she wouldn't do it again and of course I told
> her I would be checking her meter everyday. I also discovered a
> while back she was doing the same thing with the pump. She would
> sneak snacks and bolus without telling me.
This is good -- you should encourage her to do that, then she will
test, etc... she is asserting control -- that is what you want her to
do. Be the mentor. Teach her what she needs to know to do as much as
possible for herself and you will have done the very best you can for
your child.