[IP] Insulin Pump Insertion

I have decided to have the Mini Med pump installed sometime shortly
after 1 October.  It has been a very difficult decision for me but I
shall go ahead with it.
I was just thinking, last night my cat bit the wire that I have on the
ear jack to my radio while I was sleeping.  What will happen if she
does that with the pump installed?
Perhaps as a type 2 it won't make any difference if it is not
connected for a while as I don't need Insulin all day long.
Any help will be appreciated.