[IP] DM meeting & some stuff

I went to a meeting for DMers at a local hospital tonight that had a panel
of *experts*. An opthalmalogist, endo, 2 CDEs (one a 40-yr DMer and Tx pt),
pharmacist, dietitian. One Q was *slightly* answered about pumps. You have
to be dedicated and it doesn't work for everyone, blah blah blah.  A lady is
concerned about her 11 y/o (4-yr DMer) who is now going through puberty and
rollercoastering. I talked with her afterwards. Another DMer (27-yrs) joined
us and she had been sitting next to a pump mom. The eyeologist has a pumping
son (2 yrs MM, now 16 y/o) so we ganged up on this poor woman who is richer
in knowledge now. 3-4 more may join this list at least check out the
website. Think she realizes pumping is going to help.

I also learned since I'm getting away from the exchange system and haven't
worked out the carb-counting that I found out about after 'netting 1.5 years
ago that I use the WAG system (wild-a** Guess). That came from one of the
CDEs who is also a MM trainer. I issued invites to the BASH.

ALSO, since I have nothing better to do than sit and figure out TP sizes - I
also have discovered the Kleenex tissues have been shortened by about an
inch.   Oh, did I mention I'll be speaking to the Breast Cancer Survivors in
Elkhart County tomorrow?  This is the third request from the Y for me to do
a program. The UW training I did for them is completed.

Back to checking shortened sizes like green bean cans and chips.  ܰ