[IP] First HbA1C since pumping

Hi all,

I just got the call from my Dr.'s office and my HbA1C dropped to 6.8 from
8.2 after 1 month 2 weeks of pumping!!!  I have not seen the 6's in over 8
years!  For all of you debating on whether to take the jump or not.....just
do it, do it, do it.  I hate needles and I hated the size of the needle with
the tenders even more, but I have the freedom and a better ability to
control MY diabetes.  My palms still sweat when I have to insert my infusion
set and it does take me anywhere from 5 - 10 minutes to finally just give
that push, but I get it in and don't have to worry about it for another 3 -
4 days.  I'm sure if I could just do it quickly I would be ok but I haven't
worked up to that point yet but I get better each time.  New things are
scary but I am soooooo glad I did it and I know I will never go back to MDI.
I have lost 7 1/2 lbs. also since I've been on the pump.  Before I was
treating the lows all the time thus gaining more weight.  The lbs. may come
back but I'm hoping to lose more since I don't have to eat a certain amount
of food anymore!

Just had to share my good news,
Debi C.