[IP] First Anniversary of Pumping!!

I rarely post, but wanted to celebrate Josh's first anniversary of pumping.
It has been a wonderful year!  Besides the obvious advantages of pumping (a
life, for instance), changing doctors to get the pump has also been great.
For the last year, Josh has actually been treated according to the standard
of care set forth by the ADA.  Because of this, we found out that he spills
protein in his urine and he was started on Vasotec for that.  This is
something his former endo assured us doesn't happen until adulthood and
didn't test for it.  All the fears I had about pumping- site infections, DKA
from infusion blockage, etc., have not happened.  The pump has also helped
Josh mature and become more proactive in the management of his diabetes.
This site was a big factor in encouraging me to change doctors and fight for
a pump and I want to say a big 'thank you' to Michael and the rest of the
administrators and to the members for their encouragement and information.
Annette  (mom to Josh who just turned 17, dx 8/91, pumping since 9/28/99)