[IP] Hey, I inserted a sil!

Hi Group

Let me tell you, I finally got the courage today to insert a sil for the
first time on my daughter, Eileen. She came home from school with her sofset
and tape coming off at the sides, for the second time this week.

First set, I had to dispose of, as when I started inserting the introducer
needle, her screaming was so high, and I, of course, with only half my eyes
open and praying silently panicked and took it out immediately.

Second set went in nicely, asked her to close her eyes and did put a local
anesthetic (spray) that a fellow pumper recommended. Didnīt scream this
time, said it didnīt hurt! I do hope to have much more luck with sils than
with sofsets. Doctorīs nurse called today and advised me to use deodorant on
skin first, because she sweats a lot and this is the cause of the sofsets
falling off. Other than this we kind of liked sofsets.

I do have one last question, though, with the sil, when you prime, you just
prime the tubing and the connector needle, you canīt prime the whole thing
like sofsets? In other words, we canīt see if insulin is coming out
correctly through the cannula? I hope you can understand the question, canīt
explain it any better.

I did find good use for the first set, removed the needle (of course) and
stuck the darn thing on my belly. Will carry it around for a few days just
to see how it feels and how long it will stick on me!

Thanks for all the advice, I love you people!
Eileenīs mom

By the way, didnīt use any tape underneath or on top, just to see how thing
go, tapes are giving her itching. Thanks, Todd, for yr email.