Re: [IP] 50 years

in 1960, at camp NYDA, a camp for diabetic children in upstate NY, i took 1
injection of nph daily.  there were, however, many  children taking two
injection daily, and a few three.  there have always been a small group of
diabetics  using regular only which very often requires an injection before each
meal as well as around 4 am.  quite tedious, and with only urine testing,
somewhat mysterious.  yet these patients felt better and had fewer sup rise
I tried this regimen in the mid 80's and found it too choppy, possibly because
by then , with human insulin's being more efficient and  producing lows that are
less symptomatic  i gave it up and went on the pump.