Re: [IP] Fw: Diabetics. Rice Bran Saves Lives

Sam Skopp wrote:
> There was a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine
> (5/11/00) that indicated that high fiber intake may be beneficial to Type 2
> diabetics. I believe that the benefits were in the neighborhood of 10%.
> Nothing that I saw was related to Type 1 diabetics at all.

Well, high fiber intake would benefit Type 1's in the same way it
benefits the general population -- sweeps your intestines clean, fills
you up, and makes you REGULAR!!!!!  :) :) :)

If you have insulin resistance (and being Type 1 does NOT protect you
against insulin resistance!), it can help moderate BG swings, but of
course, NOTHING is going to eliminate your need for injected insulin.

In the case of those susceptible, but not yet having Type 2, it might
help delay the onset, or slow the progression, but in Type 1, the
disease is a done deal.
You can't prevent a disease that has already finished its dirty

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted