Re: [IP] Re: New Disetronic Rapid????

In a message dated 9/26/00 10:43:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Hi Group!  I'm wondering if there has been a release date for the new
 disconnectable rapid that is suppose to be coming out.  My Endo had a sample
 last Thursday and I'm just wondering how soon they will be available to us.
 Also, is it gonna be the same needle that stays in or a plastic cannula?!?!?
 I had heard it was gonna be the plastic, but looking at his sample it looked
 to be a needle and it was long.  I have my 7 yr. old daughter using the
 shortest mm rapid.  Now I'm wondering the sizes it may come in.
 Thanks for any info you may have!!!
 Judy >>
Judy I spoke with Disetronic yesterday and I was told it is a combination of
the Tender + Rapid. It will have a regular insertion needle that will be
removed leaving  the plastic or Teflon will stay in. It will be at a 90* so
it's like a rapid. It will come in sizes like the rapid (6-8-10-12 mm).I am
not sure when it will be out. The D-tron has been moved back 2 more
months.Roger C dx 12/1/47 pm 5/8/00 hockey puck in tow