Re: [IP] Glucophage with a pump?

In a message dated 9/26/00 10:59:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> What is a nephrologist and why did they say 'no way'?
A nephrologist is a kidney doctor.  I had been on micronase for a few years.
When that failed to control my diabetes, my endo suggested glucophage.  I had
kidney problems prior to my diabetes.  My nephrologist felt that insulin was
more natural to the body and that glucophage would in some way compromise my
kidney function.  This may not apply to diabetics who do not have kidney