[IP] Unusual Happening

I  seem to be inundated with return receipts from many of the members
of the list.  I don't understand this as I haven't sent posts to any
of these people.
This computer is really acting so strange.  Now I can't even shut it
I have been working all week on tax stuff; hours and hours of work.
When I came back this evening and turned this on all the weeks work
just scrolled down and at the end disappeared.
Now I can not shut down this computer.
At this point I think it is possessed and needs to be exorcised.