From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Michele Fast
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 12:38 PM
To: insulin pumpers
Subject: Re: [IP] Glucophage with a pump?

Rick wrote:  I just went to a new doctor (not an    endocrinologist) and he
wants me to go on Glucophage along with my pump.
*********************
Hi Rick,

Glucophage is an insulin-sensitizing agent.  In addition to T1, I have a
metabolic disorder (PCOS) that makes me insulin resistant (among other
things).  I started Glucophage about a year ago with very good results.  My
total daily dose of insulin decreased about 20%, and my dawn phenomenon is
GONE!  I take just about the maximum dose, 1000 mg. twice a day.

I'd ask the new doc why he thinks Glucophage is indicated for you.

Regards,
Shelly
dx 1981, assimilated 2/11/00