Re: [IP] Fw: Diabetics. Rice Bran Saves Lives

At 06:08 PM 09/26/00 RoseLea wrote:
 >I also got a brochure in the mail (snail mail) about an herbal product that
 >also rejuvenates beta cells.  Needless to say I'm not gonna buy this stuff
 >and throw away my pump... sheesh.

There was a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine
(5/11/00) that indicated that high fiber intake may be beneficial to Type 2
diabetics. I believe that the benefits were in the neighborhood of 10%.
Nothing that I saw was related to Type 1 diabetics at all.