Re: [IP] Pumps advertised

Bonnie Richardson wrote:

> SNIP>>>>>> Well it looks from viewing these messages that the pumps don't do
> what
> > they are advertised to do.  It would seem that the control using them
> > is not as good as my 4-6 injections per day.
> > Guess I will just call it off.  Should have known about all the
> > negative aspects of the pump prior to purchasing it.
> > Thanks.
> > Lurline<<<<<<SNIP
> Lurline, I find you such an interesting person and one I would love to meet
> and talk with someday.   It seems to me that you have such strong opinions
> about things...I applaud that, as I have a few myself.  It is surprising to
> me is that you would let other people's messages form your own opinions.
> Remember, it is not that the pumps don't do as they advertise, they in fact
> do just that.  It is the user who frequently does not do what is required.
> As we all know, compliance is a major component of wearing a pump, i.e.,
> being willing to test frequently, understanding carbs, understanding your
> body, tracking diet, bgs, boluses, working with endo/CDE/trainer, etc.  It
> is surprising that you are not willing to make the decision based on your
> own experience.
> Maybe you will give the pump another longer try and form your own opinion's
> on it benefit to your health.   Whatever you decide, Good Luck.
> Bonnie Richardson

Thank you, but I have not tried it as yet.  It is just that I don't really want
to be tied down to something that requires my attention 24 hours per day.
Perhaps after reviewing the situation for another couple of weeks I may change
my mind but, at the moment it looks very nice in its box.
Lurline : > )