[IP] Pump Placement

SNIP>>>>>>>>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:34:49 -0500
From: "Winston Edson" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Pump Placement
I am anticipating receiving my pump in a couple of weeks.  My biggest =
concern at this early stage is: How do you handle the pump at night?  I =
love sleeping on my tummy, but also go from side to side and my back.  I =
love my sleep too, and am wondering how this is going to work.  Any =
tips?  I appreciated some of the tips on "hiding" & "placement" of the =
pump, but would like to hear specifically on nighttime use.  Thanks!

Hi Winston:

Congratulations on your pumping decision!  Pumping will change your life for
the better...Most of us on this list cannot imagine going back to MDIs!  At
night I just toss it in the bed with me.  I use the 43" tubing and in five
years never had a problem with it.   I will wake up with tubing around my
waist sometimes, but no problems.  For intimate moments, just unhook it, or
place a bandaid over site to keep from irritating partner.

The men will have to give you tips on "wearing it", but clipped on the belt,
or waistline is commonly used, as are various pockets.  Everyone thinks it
is a pager anyway.  Personally, when not clipped to my waistline, I wear
mine in the top of my panty hose.  That, ahem, may not work as well for you.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress as it takes a few weeks to
settle in with basal adjusting and all.  We are all here for you. !
Bonnie Richardson