Re: [IP] Bad few days... wait, weeks..

Sherry Compton wrote:

> In the last week or two, my blood sugars have not been consistant at all. I have
> had many 200 and 300's, and ones that rise unexpectedly. (Flashbacks of MDI)
> For example, last night at 11pm I was 65.  I drank a small juice box with 15 carbs.
> This morning at 6:30 I was 351!  I had dinner at 8pm, and I did have french fries.
> Could the fat absorption really be that slow?  Should I start guessing that the fat
> will make my numbers rise, and NOT treat a low right before bedtime?? I'm a little
> frustrated lately.   A few days ago I raised my basals from 1.1 all day with 1.4
> from 3 AM-7AM to 1.2 and 1.5.   I also changed my carb ratio from 1 unit per 15
> carbs to 1 unit per 12 or 13. I'm using a lot more insulin, and I still have 200
> and 300's. I dread eating anymore.  Gee, will that piece of toast come back to
> haunt me?
> I'm thinking the culprit may be stress though. I'm under a lot of stress at work as
> well as having financial problems.  Starting next week I will work two jobs--60
> hours per week instead of 40.
> I go see my doctor (the endo with the great bedside manner who wants me to hurry
> and drop 25 pounds like yesterday) next week.  I'm sure I will get a thumbs down.
> Thanks for letting me vent.  I guess it's the stress.  Plus, it's only been 5 1/2
> weeks since I started pumping.  Maybe I am expecting too much too soon.
> Sherry C.
> >From the massive city of Bowling Green, KY
> Feeling frustrated, tired, broke, and head-achy
> --Sherry from Bowling Green, one of my favourite places home of Quilt Pro.

I usually only eat a piece of toast for breakfast and that most often keeps my blood
glucose quite within normal limits.  If I am not hungry by lunch I just don't eat.  If
hungry a small salad will do.
I should think that your  pump would be solving these problems.
Still apprehensive about having mine attached or whatever they do.
Took a look at the needle they use and do think all of you are terribly brave.