Re: [IP] pump called off- call for attention

Sam Skopp wrote:

> At 06:37 AM 09/26/00 Alecia Wesner wrote:
>  >I'm not quite sure what the purpose is of posting to
>  >the site that the pump doesn't sound like its all that
>  >and a bag of chips.  If one is looking to be
>  >"talked-into" the pump, I think its a very good reason
>  >not to do it.
> You are absolutely right. As an adult, you are the one that needs to make
> the commitment to change your lifestyle. No-one else can make that choice
> for you. When you are ready to do it, you'll know it.
> Going to the pump requires the motivation to learn a lot of new ways of
> doing things. As an example, you have to be willing to test more often,
> especially while setting basal rates. As with anything new, there are a lot
> of old habits to unlearn and new ones to develop. You'll be tethered to
> this lovable beast 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. If you don't like it, then
> it's going to be a miserable experience.
> Sam
> Thank you,   You are absolutely correct.  One can not make a major decision
> that is so life-changing without feeling completely secure in its use and in
> believing that it will offer a 'better life.'

Again thank you for your understanding.  This is no call for attention, how
could it be in this group where we are all in the same boat with the same goals
and the aspirations of controlled diet, controlled Insulin and controlled
exercise leading to a better, longer and complication free life.