[IP] Re: ADA walks in Virginia

I live in the Richmond area, and I think the walk was this past weekend,
although I'm not sure (I couldn't make it this year). It goes around
Carytown and the U of Richmond campus. When I was at school in Radford, I
did two walks in Blacksburg and one in Roanoke, and when I lived in
Northern Virginia, I did one for JDF in May along the Potomac Parkway
paralleling Route 1.

BTW, can anyone tell me why all the walk distances vary so much? We've
done all those places in Virginia, plus Georgia (Athens), Florida
(Gainesville), and North Carolina (Boone). The Virginia walks are always
the longest. They take hours and hours, have few break areas with little
or no juice for low blood sugars. They always seem surprised that a
diabetic is walking in the race. In Georgia, the walk was the shortest
(around the lovely UGA campus), with lots of break areas and friendlier
people. Being back in Virginia, I haven't wanted to do the walk as much
(I'm sure I'll get hell for that!). Just wondering.

Maureen M.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!