Re: [IP] Glucophage with a pump?

In a message dated 9/26/00 8:00:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  I've been on the pump for about 4 years. I just went to a new doctor (not
>  endocrinologist) and he wants me to go on Glucophage along with my pump.
>  this something that helps with Humalog? I searched the net and found
>  articles that show it being used for Type 2 diabetics, with some articles
>  from 1996 saying that it had limited success helping with Type 1
>  Is anyone else doing this?

I was once an ePatient at a eClinic with a eDoctor on board, (No! They
couldn't take eBlood work), & my eNurse educator wrote me in a eMail that if
my Basels are at any point of the day above 1.0 I should take Glucophage, I
discontinued using them immediately, I don't like doctors who would use
Medication as the first choice.

I do have a strong family history of type 2, my father & two of his siblings
have type 2, & the rest of them are also very overweight, I am defiantly
experiencing some insulin resistance due to my weight, so here again we have
T1 & T2 together.

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Co-Executive Director
Jewish Diabetes Association