Re: [IP] pump called off- call for attention

At 06:37 AM 09/26/00 Alecia Wesner wrote:
 >I'm not quite sure what the purpose is of posting to
 >the site that the pump doesn't sound like its all that
 >and a bag of chips.  If one is looking to be
 >"talked-into" the pump, I think its a very good reason
 >not to do it.

You are absolutely right. As an adult, you are the one that needs to make
the commitment to change your lifestyle. No-one else can make that choice
for you. When you are ready to do it, you'll know it.

Going to the pump requires the motivation to learn a lot of new ways of
doing things. As an example, you have to be willing to test more often,
especially while setting basal rates. As with anything new, there are a lot
of old habits to unlearn and new ones to develop. You'll be tethered to
this lovable beast 24hrs a day, 7 days a week. If you don't like it, then
it's going to be a miserable experience.