[IP] Re: Pump called off

Guess I will just call it off.  Should have known about all the
negative aspects of the pump prior to purchasing it.

When Kim (pumping at 10) first started pumping, there were many times I felt
like throwing that $5500 pump through the window! In the first few months
she had more outrageous numbers than she'd had the first year she was dx'd.
Sets came out, basals weren't set correctly, just a number of things weren't
working right.  It was almost like learning about D all over again. It was
only because of this list and several friends who had children pumping that
we kept trying.  Now, 2 yrs later, you would have to pry Kim's pump out of
her dead hands before she'd give it up.  Her numbers are more stable and she
has the freedom to be a kid.  Now we are working on teaching our daughter,
Alla, how to carb count so that she too can have a pump.  As a mom, dealing
with children with diabetes, I think pumping is the only way to go!
Good luck Lurline,