[IP] Re: boy manages his diabetes

In a message dated 9/25/00 6:45:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  <A HREF="http://www.azcentral.com/news/0925diaboy25.html">Boy manages his
 Very sincerely yours,
 Ellen H. Ullman >>
I'm glad for the exposure but again this article said some things that
weren't good.  It mentioned diabetes being caused by overeating and
overweight and didn't say that was just type 2.
It also left us with the impression that the little boy shouldn't get married
and have kids because of the possibility of passing it on to his kids.  That
is a heavy load to tell a little kid.  I was told it's 8% chance for male
type 1's to pass it on and only a 3-4 percent chance for females.   That is
pretty low.  I've met some pretty depressed and angry teenagers who thought
there was no chance their kids wouldn't get it and the statistics are really
pretty good.
other than that I liked the article  :)
thanks for sharing the URL

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.