Re: [IP] Pump called off

Lurline,
I will have been pumping for 3 months this Saturday,
Sept. 30th (which is also my 34th birthday, and also
my 22nd yr of being diabetic). I haven't had many
problems switching over from MDI to pumping, but I
must tell you that the difference in control has been
unbelievable. My A1c before I began pumping was 11.8,
two weeks ago when I went to the Dr. my A1C was 5.5.
Now if that doesn't say something for the pump, then I
don't know what will.
Sure, I check my bg a lot, probably 8 - 10 times a day
but it is worth it because if I can help make it
possible to stop any complications from becoming worse
than they already are, and hopefully live to see
grandchildren (years from now when my children become
parents) marry and have children of there own. That's
why I will always pump, and never go back to MDI.
Just give it a chance, sometimes it's hard to try
something new when your so used to something that you
have done most of your life.
It has changed mine for the better.
Sherree